12.6.12

Upper West Side: American Museum of Natural History

So, if I lived in New York City, today I would...


... spend this rainy day in the Museum of Natural History.



Προβολή μεγαλύτερου χάρτη


It's a good opportunity to watch the "Coral: Rekindling Venus" that premiered yesterday.


Through it, I'd experience the beauty of the underwater life of the Great Barrier Reef, 
get an understanding of how complex the coral ecosystems are and how the climate change 
is catastrophic for them.


The video is screened in a special dome installation in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life.


So after watching it, I'd spend some time lying under the Blue Whale that's hanging from 
the ceiling, daydreaming.


Under the Blue Whale



However, my visit wouldn't be complete if I omitted going to the Butterfly Conservatory.


It's my favorite place in the whole museum!


Having the butterflies dancing around you and, often, randomly settling on your hands is a 
magical experience.


Butterfly Conservatory

No comments:

Post a Comment